The Practical Coach
- Send to friend
The Practical Coach is our all-time best-selling coaching training DVD
Think of the people in your life who helped you get where you are today. All the "coaches" who were there for you, who cared about you, who got honest with you when you needed it most. Now it's your turn. Coaching is all about making the best of the ups and downs that your team members experience every day. Great coaching comes from knowing how to do this gently, directly and sincerely.
From getting good work repeated, to correcting poor work in a positive way, to turning dead-end performances around, The Practical Coach offers sensible advice for coaches who care. Film and television personality Michael Horton hosts this lighthearted look at the everyday challenges and pleasures of coaching great work.
Coaching is the process of letting people know that what they do matters to you. There are three times and three ways to let your team members know they matter.
The Practical Coach Concepts:
- When they are doing great work, let them know: When you see it, say it.
- When they are doing poor work, let them know: Make it private and positive.
- When they are on a dead-end road, let them know: Use the Two-Minute Challenge.
- State what you've observed.
- Wait for a response.
- Remind them of the goal.
- Ask for a specific solution.
- Agree together.