Continuous Performance Appraisal
- Send to friend
People are the most important asset for any organization. This makes continuous performance appraisals in the organization critical in today’s workplace. Continuous Performance Appraisal is a video program that delves deep into this area of human resources in an attempt to help managers align the performance of the staff with the strategic goals of the organization.
Harry Anderson of the Night Court fame takes center stage in this video, as he deals with a clueless manager, who is desperate to conduct appraisals but has no idea how to go about it. Harry with his magic comes to the (clueless) manager’s help and guides him through the three steps needed to accomplishing his goal of performance appraisal. He takes him through the process in a step-by-step manner: creating the plan, conducting performance appraisals and following up on them.
- Collaborating with the Employee
- Collecting and Keeping all Relevant Information Handy
The Appraisal Meeting
- Make the Employee Feel Comfortable
- Be a Good Listener
- Be Open-Minded
- Establish Goals and Objectives by Mutual Agreement
- Provide Feedback on a Regular Basis
- Appreciate and Praise Good Work
- Have a Coaching Plan in Place