Bloodborne Pathogens in First Response Environments
- Send to friend
With more and more people each day being diagnosed with contagious diseases of the blood such as HIV and Hepatitis, education is crucial to ensure that those working in the emergency services field are not putting themselves at risk unnecessarily
This DVD follows OSHA guidelines on BBP in emergency services and uses medical terminology easily understood by all levels of workers.
- Using needles and how they should be disposed.
- How to spot the symptoms of infection.
- Ways in which blood borne diseases can be caught.
- How to control a situation where you may be at risk.
- Recognizing the situation.
- Taking preventative measures.
- The importance of the HBV inoculation.
- How to respond in an emergency.
- Understanding and using labels to warn of hazards.
- How and what to use to protect yourself