Hazard Communication in Cleaning and Maintenance Operations
- Send to friend
Hazardous materials are used in many cleaning and maintenance tasks. OSHA's Hazard Communication ("HAZCOM") Standard gives employees the "right-to-know" about any potentially hazardous materials that can be encountered in their workplace, and how to handle them safely.
This updated course covers the requirements of the HAZCOM Standard, the hazards associated with various types of HAZMATs, and what workers can do to avoid these hazards.
- Sources of HAZMAT information.
- Exposure to hazardous materials.
- Different types of HAZMATs.
- Personal protective equipment and safe storage.
- Responding to a HAZMAT spill. and more.