Chlorine Dioxide Awareness
- Send to friend
C102, or chlorine dioxide, is commonly used in water treatment and pulp bleaching. It is a very unstable chemical compound and can produce a violent reaction, which makes it a potential health hazard for employees. Working around or with C102 can be unavoidable in some situations. It’s vital that everyone understands and follows standard procedures, use PPE and know how to deal with spills, leaks or any other possible emergency situation.
Chlorine Dioxide Awareness covers:
- What chlorine dioxide is
- Common applications for C102
- Handling and PPE requirements
- Toxicity and exposure information
- Potential health hazards
- How to respond to emergencies
- What personal protective equipment to wear
- This program is based on industry best practices.