Violence: Reducing Your Risk
- Send to friend
An Employee's Guide to Avoiding Violence in the Workplace.
Violent crime is becoming a national emergency. One of the last bastions of relative safety, the workplace, is increasingly becoming a dangerous place for both employees and managers. In a few but disturbingly more frequent cases, the violence is ending in death. Companies have a responsibility to maintain a safe work environment, and face huge liabilities when violence erupts.
What can you do? This video is about reducing your risk of being a victim. It teaches you how to avoid potentially violent situations; and how to form a plan of action for escape or defense if violence occurs.
This video is a must viewing for everyone! The principles contained in it can reduce the incidence of violence and help people survive when violence occurs. Experts in personal safety and law enforcement demonstrate simple yet practical and effective methods anyone can use to reduce their risk and defuse threatening situations:
- How to Reduce Your Risk Commuting:
- A street safety checklist.
- Car jacking prevention plan.
- Parking lot safety.
- How to Reduce Your Risk At Work:
- Verbal defense tactics.
- Recognizing coworker stress.
- Developing an escape plan.
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Injury.
- The victim's survival plan.
- Concealment and cover in the workplace.