Understanding the ADA
- Send to friend
The ADA Amendments Act, now in effect, clarified and expanded the Americans with Disabilities Act to cover more people. Help your managers and supervisors understand the ramifications of the new law with this program, which explains the basics of the first ADA as well as the changes resulting from the amendments to the law.
Main Topics Covered:
- Who is covered under the ADAAA?
- What is the new definition of disability?
- What constitutes “major life activities?”
- How can “reasonable accommodations” be determined?
- How can disabilities be handled during interviews?
- What is meant by “essential functions” in a job description?