Resolving Conflicts in the Workplace
- Send to friend
Whenever you have two or more people together, differences will surface. Multiply those differences by the number of employees working together and you’ve got the potential for conflicts to reach a boiling point. Options become more limited the farther along a conflict develops.
This training video offers techniques for identifying and resolving workplace conflicts before they become major problems. It examines the way we communicate, and offers tips on the importance of word choices and how the phrasing one uses can have either a positive, neutral or provocative effect on a situation. Avoiding emotional responses to an issue and choosing one’s words carefully can help achieve the upper hand during a volatile moment. This video will help increase awareness that how you say something can be just as critical as what you say.
Key Learning Points:
- Use words and phrases that promote positive responses
- Diffuse conflicts by avoiding stereotypes, intimidation, manipulation or harassment
- How to deal with negative or non-productive employees
- Building “win-win” resolutions
- Cultivate respectful attitudes and establish boundaries for acceptable behavior
- Neutralize built-in conflicts in work assignments
A Leader’s Guide is available separately for $17.95 (not included with DVD). The guide will help the trainer structure the training employing key points and questions, and provides exercises for participants to practice the techniques covered in the video.