Miracle On The Hudson: Prepare For Safety
- Send to friend
In this video program, Captain Sully Sullenberger takes the viewer through the day he had to make an emergency landing of Flight 1549 in the Hudson River. Hundreds of lives were spared that day because he relied on four skills: competence, compassion, commitment and communication. This video will show employees how they too can build and apply these four C’s to their lives, both at home and in the workplace.
Main Topics Covered:
- What does competence mean?
- Developing situational awareness
- How to become more competent
- Compassion’s effect on safety
- How to display compassion in the workforce
- Commitment vs. complacency
- Why is safety commitment important?
- How to demonstrate commitment to the job and to safety
- How safety and communication work together
- How to communicate effectively
- Good communication techniques