M.E.E.T. on Common Ground
- Send to friend
Workplace diversity creates dynamic companies and is beneficial to encourage; however, for employees in diverse workplaces, issues revolving around respect are not uncommon. When conflicts arise, people can easily resort to methods that do not treat others respectfully, letting stereotypes and biases cloud their judgment.
M.E.E.T. on Common Ground is meant to decrease incidences of disrespect in the workplace and promote a positive working environment. The course teaches employees how to find common ground and work through differences in a proactive manner. This training teaches through powerful examples that are easy to relate to and introduces the M.E.E.T. model:
- Make the time needed to discuss issues when they arise; Don't put off talking.
- Explore the things that separate two people, acknowledging the differences that exist without passing judgment
- Encourage other people to respect you by maintaining a respectful attitude yourself
- Take responsibility for your portion of the conflict
What They'll Learn
- The M.E.E.T. model, a system that employees can follow in order to conduct themselves respectfully toward others even when there is conflict
- The importance of taking responsibility for fostering a workplace where everyone is treated with respect
- How to resolve situations involving respect that are common in many workplaces