Interviewing Job Applicants with Disabilities
- Send to friend
Proper etiquette and fair treatment for all candidates. The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) offers entry into the workplace.
This human resources video establishes six guidelines for interviewing job applicants with disabilities so that the process is fair and accessible to all qualified candidates. It also helps managers be more effective and feel more at ease during the interview itself by modeling an important principle: follow the lead of the applicant.
Key training points in this human resources video:
- Knowing essential functions of the job.
- Providing access to the interview site.
- Being sensitive to disability etiquette.
- Asking questions focused on abilities.
- Touring the work site with the applicant.
- Assessing each applicants' ability to perform the job.