Hiring Success: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Send to friend
Hiring the right employee for an opening reflects on the hiring manager and helps ensure the company’s success. Hiring the wrong person, or someone who is not a “good fit” for the position and company culture, will likewise have a lasting effect.
Interviewing and hiring are not things which should be learned by the trial-and-error method. Why not avail yourself of the expertise this video can offer and help eliminate some of the errors? The video provides two hiring narratives involving a large company and a smaller business, from initial preparation to final selection. Both narratives illustrate a practical, eight-step method for helping managers ensure that the best person is selected for the job.
Key Learning Points:
- How to interpret a candidate’s resume, including the “hidden messages” found in it
- Best use of telephone interviews
- How to conduct an employment interview
- Legal pitfalls to avoid, including accusations of discrimination
- How to assess the candidate
- Checking references and gathering additional information
An Instructor’s Manual is also available for $17.95 (not included with the DVD). The manual will aid the trainer in facilitating discussions and maximizing the benefits of the video. The manual will help lessen the time needed to prepare for the class.