The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) applies to distinct groups of employers and their employees. Our professionally produced HAZWOPER safety videos assists employee training to ensure compliance with the program. HAZWOPER includes any employees who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances, including hazardous waste. In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste "from cradle to grave". As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER.
HAZWOPER involves five distinct groups of employees who are engaged in one of the following operations:
- Clean-up operations required by a governmental body
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA)
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental body
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations
- Response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances regardless of the location of the hazard.
Our first class HAZWOPER safety training videos will ensure training compliance if you are involved in any of the five groups.
The HAZWOPER system is a comprehensive system utilized to ensure safe handling of hazardous materials. Our HAZWOPER safety videos cover critical topics including: The Hazard Communication Program, The Emergency Response Plan, The five levels of HAZWOPER emergency response training, Personal protective equipment, Site characterization, Spill cleanup, and Decontamination procedures. The wide range of topics in our HAZWOPER safety training videos ensures the highest level of training for your employees. Provide the best training possible for your employees by using our comprehensive HAZWOPER training videos today!