Harassment & Diversity: Respecting Differences - Employee Version
- Send to friend
- Related products
Race, Religion, Age, and Disability along with sex and gender constitute workplace harassment. It can occur in industrial, office, government, non-profit, schools and any other type of place of work you can think of it. Make sure that it doesn't occur in yours!.
The Employee Version of this popular workplace diversity training video focuses on employee sensitivity and awareness. It teaches why a harassment policy that emphasizes a respect for coworker differences is not only required by the law, but is also the right thing to do.
Both the manager and employee harassment training videos revolve around a dramatic story showing an all-too-common situation, where diverse cultural backgrounds test employees' interpersonal skills, and friction grows from "just kidding around" into illegal harassment. Our narrators, Littler Mendelson employment law attorneys Bruce Sarchet and Kevin O'Neill, provide their expertise and legal perspective.
Employees will learn:
- Appropriate behaviors that will help maintain a harassment-free workplace.
- When "joking around" crosses the line and becomes workplace harassment.
- It's not the intent that matters, but how the behavior is perceived by the recipient that counts.
- Why the employer's harassment prevention policy must be taken seriously.
- What to do when someon is the target of harassment.