Food Service Safety Set
- Send to friend
This set includes three food service safety titles that teach employees how to be conscientious when working in the kitchen.
Avoiding Kitchen Burns (10 minutes)
Kitchen personnel will learn how to:
- Identify the causes of most common kitchen burn accidents
- Use precautions with steaming pots and steam and electrical equipment.
- Properly position pot handles on stoves.
- Extinguish kitchen fires.
- Prevent hot grease injuries.
Preventing Falls and Strains in the Kitchen (10 minutes)
All food handlers and managers will learn:
- Correct lifting procedures to minimize injury.
- Proper methods of cleaning spills.
- Correct way to use stepladders to prevent falls.
Safe Handling of Kitchen Tools and Machinery (10 minutes)
Kitchen personnel will learn:
- Safe handling of kitchen knives.
- How to safely wash and store knives.
- How to properly clean and maintain machines.
- Immediate first aid treatment for cuts.
Each of the three food service safety training videos runs 10 minutes.
This set is also available in Spanish.