Fire Extinguishers DVD
- Send to friend
Among all the safety problems an employee can encounter, fire can be the most frightening. Every year fires cause hundreds of millions of dollars in damage and result in thousands of employee injuries, a number of which are fatal. Yet many of these catastrophes could have been prevented if the fire had been extinguished before it started to spread.
This training product on "Using Fire Extinguishers" looks at why things burn, review the types of fire extinguishers that are found in facilities today, and discuss how to use fire extinguishers to fight small fires.
Topics covered in these products include:
- What causes things to burn.
- The concept of "flashpoint".
- "Classes" of fires.
- Fire extinguisher labels.
- Chemical fire extinguishers.
- Water fire extinguishers.
- How to use a fire extinguisher.
- and more.
Materials in the Kit:
- 18 minute DVD or VHS program
- An easy-to-use leader's guide
- Scheduling and attendance forms
- Employee quiz.
Available in English and Spanish.