EMTALA 911: On Call
- Send to friend
According to the law, any patient has the right to request for an examination and treatment in the emergency department. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) - 2003 ruling states that hospital are obliged to provide care for patients covered under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor (EMTALA) Law. This training program will educate your staff about the law and help them learn the steps in managing such cases in your facility. Topics included are:
- EMTALA and latest CMS changes
- What is a dedicated emergency department?
- Effect of EMTALA on other departments
- Mandatory screenings and examination to check if emergency care is required
- Correct method of inquiring about financial and health insurance status
- When can you transfer such patient?
- Guidelines for on-call personnel
- Guidelines for hospital-owned ambulances