Beginning Pediatric Nursing: School-Age Children
- Send to friend
Using information taken directly from the recommendations of The American Academy of Pediatrics, this program will educate your nursing staff on the most important aspects of pediatric care for school age children. The video details both mental and physical changes that occur in this transition period from childhood to adolescence.
Main Training Points:
- Physical developments that occur in school age children
- Mental developments that occur in the school age years
- Working with the family to insure the best care
- Staying sensitive to family’s cultural issues.
- Minimizing the trauma that treatment brings
- Peer pressure during school age years
- Guiding children towards healthy lifestyle choices
- The effects of puberty
- Using open ended questions with family and patient during assessment and treatment