Beginning Pediatric Nursing: Preschoolers
- Send to friend
This in-depth pediatric nursing training DVD focuses on the treatment and assessment of preschoolers. This content packed video details many of the important facts that nurses who work with children from 3-5 years of age need to know. The information in this video was taken directly from the American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendations.
Main Training Points:
- The physiological aspects of the preschooler stage of development
- Working with the primary caregiver who knows the child intimately
- How cultural differences effect the way care is provided
- How to minimize the trauma a preschooler can feel during assessment and treatment
- Mental changes that preschoolers are experiencing
- Nutritional recommendations
- Reporting of abuse to authorities
- Details of caregiving to preschoolers.