Beginning Pediatric Nursing: Adolescents
- Send to friend
Adolescents present a number of unique challenges for healthcare professionals. This is a time in a child's life where a number of important physical changes are occurring; including significant changes in sexuality. Adolescents are self conscious and care needs to be taken to keep them comfortable during treatment. This program on pediatric care for adolescents is perfect for nurses and other healthcare workers who come in contact with children in their day-to-day work.
Main Training Points:
- The different developmental stages of adolescents
- Cultural Differences that may affect the care of the patient
- How to treat the entire family
- Ways to minimize physical or mental trauma to adolescents
- Specific communication and treatment for adolescents
- Obesity and eating disorders
- Self consciousness
- Substance abuse and risk taking
- Sexual issues.