Accountability That Works
- Send to friend
- Related products
Accountability is crucial to the success of any organization. Along with enhancing performance and productivity, accountability also fosters a more positive work environment. This includes improved teamwork, better time management and employee morale. With this course, your leaders will be taught how to build, encourage and cultivate a culture of accountability.
Some topics covered include.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Setting clear goals and expectations.
- Avoiding conflict and the blame game.
- Establishing positive working relationships (including both peer to peer and supervisor to subordinate).
- Team building and improving efficiency.
Additionally, a clear guide for teaching employees about responsibility is presented in an easy to follow format. Known as the “Cycle of Accountability”, various stages within the cycle are presented along with the process of getting firm agreements.
The different stages of agreement include.
- Responsibility (or the before phase) begins when an employee or team chooses to accept responsibility for a task or project.
- Empowerment (or the during phase) is noted as when all obstacles and challenges are overcome to ensure the task or project is completed.
- Accountability (or the after phase) happens when the employee or team owns the outcome of the project whether positive or negative.
- Clear Agreements are the culmination of all of the above stages.
Although this course is suitable for all employees, it is especially important for both new and experienced leaders. Further topics covered and lessons learned in this training module include:
- Ensuring all tasks and projects are assigned and responsibility accepted.
- Keeping and adhering to agreements.
- Requiring team members be accountable for agreements.
- Owning the outcome whether good or bad while keeping a positive disposition.
- Using mistakes as tools of learning to become more efficient and productive at work and in life.