Respiratory Protection and Safety DVD
- Send to friend
One of the problems with many respiratory hazards (such as fumes or gases) is that employees cannot easily "see" them. Even more visible hazards, such as dusts, are often accepted as part of a "normal" work environment. As a result, many respiratory problems only become clearly evident well after the original exposure. Yet once they occur, most respiratory problems are "chronic" and long lasting. To further protect employees from these hazards, both OSHA and NIOSH have issued changes to their respiratory protection requirements.
This training product on "Respiratory Protection and Safety" has been specifically created to assist facilities in complying with OSHA's Respiratory Standard.
Topics covered in these products include:
- How the respiratory system "works."
- Common types and causes of respiratory hazards.
- Potential effects of respiratory hazards.
- Good respiratory safety practices. Respiratory safety equipment.
- OSHA's Assigned Protection Factors? for respirators.
- Fit testing protocols.
- Cleaning/disinfecting procedures.
- and more.
Available in English and Spanish.
This DVD is subtitled and allows the course to be played from beginning to end or by section, and are indexed so that sections can be accessed in any order.