- Send to friend
Wet and cold conditions can make it very difficult to maintain a healthy body temperature. This type of situation can bring on an effect known as cold stress. Our training course by the same name covers factors that can increase the chances and effects of cold stress as well as trench foot, frostbite and hypothermia. Treatments will also be discussed along with safe practices to prevent these potentially harmful health conditions.
Covered Topics Include:
- The 3 varieties of cold stress (hypothermia, trench foot & frostbite)
- Primary causes workers should be aware of
- Factors that influences cold temperature tolerance
- How to recognize signs and symptoms as well as treatment options
- How to prevent the onset of cold stress